Position: SNAG 2017 Conference Planning Intern
Hours: 15+ Hours per week
Appointment of Internship: September 19th, 2016 June 1, 2017
Deadline for applications has passed
*Must be able to travel to New Orleans for the SNAG conference from May 23rd-May 28th, 2017*
Job Description: The Conference Planning Intern will play an integral role in the planning, execution and evaluation of SNAG’s annual conference activities. As Conference Planning Intern, he/she will work with the teams responsible for putting together detailed plans to execute a full lineup of events. The candidate must be able to work independently. The CPI is hands-on and will require working as part of a team. You will need to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear, effective communication, critical thinking, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
You must be able to work well under pressure, make decisions and ensure the smooth and efficient running of an event. Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to fundraising, communication with sponsors, vendors, and event staff, and other duties as assigned. This is a remote position and you will be required to work independently and meet deadlines as needed. Access to internet and use of your own computer is required. There will be weekly phone calls with the Conference Program Manager to update and check in. You will report to the both the Conference Program Manager and Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Planning, coordination, and management of SNAG conference and events
● Plan, coordinate, and execute communication about the conference and other events through Constant Contact, Social Media, and other media outlets.
● Coordination with partners and partner staff
● Managing a budget
● Working with a team to obtain proper permits
● Working with a team to plan and execute all logistical items for the SNAG Conference
● Working with a team to organize logistics of conference
● Working with a team to coordinate staffing and volunteer requirements
● Prepare logistic documents for all vendors
● Conference event management – asked to attend conference and be point person for
all conference staff.
● Post event evaluation
● All other duties approved by supervisor.
Compensation: While this is not a paid position, the Conference Planning Intern will receive transportation to and from the conference, a comped conference waiver, and hotel accommodations paid for by SNAG.
Interested applicants please email your resume and cover letter to Alaina Clarke.