MADE: 2018 Juried Student Exhibition
MADE highlights student work that challenges traditional and non-traditional ways of working using new and old materials, techniques, and ideas by the next generation of makers in the metalsmithing and jewelry field.
The exhibition will be held onsite at the SNAG conference in Portland, OR, May 23-26, 2018.
Learn More Here
•Best in Show – $50 in Trunk Show Bucks and a ¼ page ad in Metalsmith, which will be highlighted throughout the year within SNAG marketing
•2 Honorable Mentions – $25 Trunk Show Bucks and SNAG Swag Bag
Jurors: Namita Wiggers and Robert Ebendorf
Deadline: 11:59 p.m. (MST), January 11, 2018
All students, part time or full time, under the direction of faculty in any accredited North American degree/diploma/certificate-granting institution are welcome to apply. Images of up to three pieces of original artwork can be submitted and must have been created between January 2017 and January 2018. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. Artworks included in previous SNAG student exhibitions are not eligible. Students must provide the name(s) of metal faculty teaching at their institution. SNAG membership is not required.
1. Submit all application materials electronically through CaFÉ™ at www.callforentry.org by 11:59 p.m. Mountain Standard Time, January 11, 2018. Only applications submitted through CaFÉ™ will be accepted. Deadline: 11:59 p.m. (MST), January 11, 2018
2. To enter click here to go to CaFÉ™, register a username and password.
a. For detailed instructions on using the site, click on CaFÉ™ Help. If this page does not address your needs, please contact CaFÉ™ at firstname.lastname@example.org Monday through Friday, between 8:30 am and 5 pm Mountain Time.
b. Technical support is available via email@example.com
3. There is a non-refundable entry fee: $25 for current SNAG student members (use code SNAGPORT) and $35 for non-members. There is no additional fee to use the CaFÉ™ online application system. You can become a SNAG member here.
4. Artists must submit their digital images via www.callforentry.org and according to the CaFÉ™ specifications. Instructions on how to format images to CaFÉ™ specifications can be found online at Image Prep. Entries submitted by any method other than through www.callforentry.org will NOT be accepted.
5. Submit one to three images of work. All work must be accompanied by title, material, dimensions, and year of completion.
6. Artists must also submit:
a. Artist statement
b. One-page resume
*All decisions of the jurors are final. All work must be original. By completing this application artist agrees that he/she is responsible for the creation of submitted works.
By submitting images for jurying the artist agrees to the following:
•SNAG has the right to retain, duplicate, and use these images for the purpose of marketing and for display.
•Their images being used as stated here is without further contact or compensation from SNAG.
•All terms and conditions set forth in this prospectus.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference Student Scholarships
The Conference Student Scholarship is a full conference registration waiver for any full or part-time student enrolled in a degree or certificate program. SNAG is offering a limited number for the conference. We will begin accepting applications December 4, 2017. If you would like to apply, you will be asked to complete a short application form and submit a one-page resume and 3-5 images of your work. Deadline will be January 25, 2018. More information coming soon.
Additional Educational Initiatives coming soon…