- The Gallery Crawl
- Social Events
- Educational Initiatives
- A Conversation with Ivy Ross
- 2017 Exhibition in Motion
- Portfolio Review Sign Up
- Pre/Post Conference Workshops
- Hotel Pop Up Information
- Student Sales Tables
*Disclaimer on Pop-Up Sales*
The Society of North American Goldsmiths spends a lot of time, effort, and money to put together a conference each year. We are centered around our community coming together, learning, and furthering our field of metalsmithing and jewelry. We have created dynamic programming that allows participants to view, show, and sell work in a variety of displays. We are very proud of how our community comes together and supports each other.
SNAG would like to take a moment to reinforce the hotel’s and SNAG’s policy of not allowing pop-up sales or shows in hotel rooms. SNAG signs a contract that states our members will not do this because of:
- Liability – if you are hosting a pop-up show in a hotel room, you become liable for any potential injury that could happen in that room, including damages to the hotel room itself, its walls, and any amenities in the room. Individuals do not often carry personal liability insurance and because of that, the hotel cannot support hotel room sales.
- Taxes/Business License – The City of New Orleans is very strict in regards to possessing a business license and paying sales tax if you are to sell anything within the city. There will be someone on site, from the city, most of the conference checking to make sure everyone who is selling work has this.
- Noise – The Sheraton Hotel has a variety of guests with various sleeping needs and the extra noise of having large groups in your room can be disturbing to other hotel guests. The Sheraton asks that we respect this and do not host large group events in our hotel rooms without their prior knowledge.
- If you host a pop-up show, the hotel security has the right to shut down your sale and ask you to vacate your hotel room for the remainder of your stay. You will also be responsible for any and all damages to the room and everything in it.
- Security – Selling your work in a hotel room can lead to security and safety issues such as money and work being stolen, having strangers in your hotel room, etc.
SNAG does purchase a business license and liability insurance for all who participate in conference sponsored events. If you are participating in any those events, you will be covered and SNAG will handle all sales transactions. If you have any questions or need clarification on any of this, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.