Founded in 1992, this annual offering of juried, educational scholarships are our most highly competitive scholarship awards.
SNAG awards three student scholarships with at least one award given to a student that is currently an undergraduate. These scholarships are for tuition towards the students’ degree granting programs. The scholarships are as follows: one $2000 award, one $1500 award and one $1000 award; each includes a one-year SNAG membership.
SNAG also awards three juried scholarships for emerging and mid-career artists to use toward a workshop of their choice in North America. These awards are as follows: one $2000 award, one $1500 award and one $1000 award; each includes a one-year SNAG membership. Emerging and mid-career artists should have not been enrolled in a degree or certificate program in the past 3 years to qualify.
- Awards will be based on the strength of applicants’ work, intended course of study, and reference.
- All applicants must be current SNAG members.
- Student applicants must be enrolled in a Jewelry or Metals program for the upcoming year.
- The scholarship is not limited to university programs; community college programs are eligible.
- Emerging and Mid-career applicants should have a workshop in mind.
- If you are uncertain of your eligibility you may contact Phil Ambrose.
How to Submit
- Deadline for 2018 to be announced, please check back for more information
Checks will be made out directly to the university or institution you will be attending. All winning applicants are expected to write a final report documenting the outcome of their scholarship. They will also be expected to provide SNAG with photographs of their work and their educational experience for promotional materials.
SNAG actively fundraises to increase the Educational Endowment trust. A raffle is held at the SNAG conference, with the proceeds going to the Endowment.
For further information contact Phil Ambrose.
Read feedback from past scholarship recipients.