Posts Tagged ‘contest’
SNAG is looking for the next Volunteer Recognition Award Brooch design!
Each awardee receives a specially designed brooch as a thank you from SNAG. Every three years SNAG looks for a new design from a school/group of students. The first design (2015) was created by Ross Tanner and Grand Valley State University. We thank them for this first amazing design.
SNAG is now looking for a new design for the next three years. Any group of students and/or school are eligible to submit a design (drawing/CAD/3D model) for the next three awardees starting in 2018. There is a stipend of $1,200 (total) for the three brooches and a free one year organizational membership for the winning school.
Please submit your design proposals to Gwynne Rukenbrod Smith by March 9, 2018.
SNAG would like to take this opportunity to recognize our Corporate Members for their support: AGTA, Halstead, Pocosin Arts, and Shapeways.
SNAG is bringing back conference Volunteer T-Shirts! We need YOUR help to create a fun and engaging design to help identify SNAG volunteers at the conference. The t-shirts are a way to thank our volunteers for their countless hours of help.
T-shirt design contest is open to SNAG members.
The winner will receive:
- A $300 stipend for their design
- Recognition for the design and award through SNAG social media and Riveting News
- A t-shirt of their design
- A shoutout during the 2018 conference in Portland, Oregon
Deadline: February 8, 2018
Call for Entry
Deadline: March 25, 2016, 5:00 p.m. EST
Remember the 2014 “Smiths Do It Better” logo by Anne Fiala, Maia Leppo and Matt Smith and the 2015 “SNAG Find Your Grit” logo by Ross Tanner? This year, SNAG is again holding an open design contest for a fun, new logo that will become the featured design for all our 2016 fundraising perks!
Want to have your design featured on our stickers, temporary tattoos, t-shirts, aprons, and tool holders? Then this contest is for you! In addition to design credit and publicity, the winner will receive a one-year SNAG membership, including a print & digital subscription to Metalsmith magazine, and one item of each perk their logo has been placed on.
What are we looking for?
Designs should take into consideration the wide range and diversity of our membership. Each entry should appeal to our membership as a whole and not be specifically geared to just one group. The design should be able to be adapted for a variety of merchandise.
- Deadline: March 25, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
- All files must be received in pdf or jpg format for initial consideration, but chosen logo designer agrees to send in design in eps format.
- Designs must be in one color only (in addition to white or black). Designs are to include a fun phrase or saying similar to the previous logos designed.
- This contest is open to anyone.
- Email the files along with the application information (listed below) to email@example.com
- Please include the following information with your designs:
-Brief design statement:
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org