Posts Tagged ‘exhibition’
Genesis: Life and Form Through Different Lenses by Ezra Satok-Wolman and Wendy McAllister runs October 18-25 at the China Shanghai International Jewelry Design Forum. The exhibition and forum take place during Shanghai’s annual Jewelry and Fashion Week. Through their own unique lenses, both artists use the common geometries observed in nature as the basis for many of their pieces.
Satok-Wolman and McAllister are both long-time SNAG members.
New in 2015: SNAG has identified the need to support emerging curators in the field of jewelry and metalwork.
The Emerging Curators program offers grants up to $2,500 to assist an emerging curator or curators in executing an exhibition focused on jewelry and/or metalwork. Additional benefits also offered. A selection committee will award the grants.
Application deadline is December 1, 2015
Notification of results is January 2, 2016
Exhibition must be open before December 31, 2017
A virtual exhibition celebrating the breadth of our field and membership.
SNAG is excited to present WE ARE SNAG: Identity, an online exhibition. This is the first a series of juried exhibitions featuring SNAG members and celebrating the breadth and diversity of their field. The exhibition was carefully juried by Tim McCreight, C. James Meyer, and Stacey Lee Webber.
Juried Online Member Exhibition
DEADLINE FOR ENTRY HAS PASSED
As makers, designers, craftspeople, artists, students, teachers, independent studio practitioners, gallerists, and hobbyists, we are SNAG. From many backgrounds and points of view we are collectively what makes SNAG so incredibly rich, diverse, and relevant to a field which embraces our traditions while simultaneously forging our futures. WE ARE SNAG: Identity is the first in a series of juried online WE ARE SNAG member exhibitions celebrating the breadth of our field and membership.
WE ARE SNAG: Identity online exhibition seeks images of traditionally crafted, contemporary, and experimental new works from any current member of SNAG. This juried online exhibition intends to represent the incredibly diverse work and making practices of our membership and is open to jewelry work, metals work, metalsmithed objects, body ornamentation and the like.
Exhibition Jurors: Tim McCreight ○ C. James Meyer ○ Stacey Lee Webber
- Open to all SNAG members 18 years of age or older.
- Applicants need not reside in the United States.
- All work must be original and produced within the last three years (2011 or later).
- Objects made from commercial kits or commercially available plans are NOT ELIGIBLE.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged, but not required, to apply with images that have not been widely circulated in Metalsmith or other publications.
- Collaborations are allowed under the conditions that 1, all artists involved are current members of SNAG; and 2, artists may only participate in one application: either as part of a collaboration OR as part of a personal application, but not both.
- Applications must be received by midnight (11:59:59 pm) Mountain Time, July 31, 2014. Once the call is closed, no further entries will be accepted. DEADLINE FOR ENTRY HAS PASSED.
- All entries must be made online through CaFE (www.callforentry.org). Login or create an account at CaFE ; The call detail on CaFE can be found by clicking here.
- There is a $25 non-refundable application fee.
- All applicants MUST be a member of SNAG in order to be eligible to apply for this opportunity. If you are not a current member at the time of application, please see the links below to become a member.
- Artists may submit up to 4 images, made up of any combination of general and detail shots of up to 4 works.
- Artists must submit a statement about submitted works, up to 1000 characters.
- All images must be accompanied by title, material, dimensions, and year of completion.
- All decisions of the jurors are final.
- All work must be original. By completing this application artist agrees that he/she is responsible for the creation of submitted works.
- By submitting images for possible inclusion in WE ARE SNAG: Identity, the artist agrees to the following:
– That Metalsmith magazine and SNAG have the right to retain and duplicate these images for the purpose of marketing and for display on the SNAG website and e-newsletters.
– That the artist requires no compensation or further contact from Metalsmith magazine or SNAG.
– That the artist agrees to all terms and conditions set forth in this prospectus.
The Forbes Galleries, 62 Fifth Avenue, New York City
September 21, 2013 – February 22, 2014
Annually, each member of the American Jewelry Design Council (AJDC) creates a Design Project where each designer interprets a single concept or theme. The final product is a collection of unique jewelry pieces joined by a solitary concept. On view in this exhibition is a selection of Design Projects from the very first, in 1996 to the most recent, in 2013. SNAG is a sponsor of this exhibition.