Please note that SNAG will implement a “cost of living” increase for some membership rates beginning January 15, 2020.
- Standard: 1-year North American currently $94 will be $99; 1-year International currently $109 will be $114; 2-year North American currently $179 will be $184; 2-year International currently $209 will be $214
- Dual: North American currently $154 will be $159; International currently $169 will be $174
- Organization: North American currently $225 will be $250; International currently $365 will be $390
- Corporate: North American currently $500 will be $525; International currently $640 will be $665
- Student: no changes
- Emerging: no changes
- Metalsmith magazine subscription only: no changes
You may wish to renew your membership prior to January 15, 2020 to take advantage of the current rate. Thank you for your continued membership! Renew Now
Meet up with SNAG during these events at the 2019 New York City Jewelry Week:
Wednesday November 20th from 10 am – 12 pm, Pratt Institute, Design Center Gallery
Writing Workshop with Metalsmith Editor, Adriane Dalton – Free and Open to the Public
Have you ever found yourself awestruck by a jewelry object but struggled to describe the piece and experience? Have you ever found yourself surrounded by captivating objects but feeling disengaged due to “gallery fatigue?” Join Metalsmith editor Adriane Dalton for an interactive, object-based workshop aimed at deepening skills for thinking, talking, and writing about jewelry.
Friday November 22nd from 10 am – 12 pm, Pratt Manhattan 14th Street Gallery
In Conversation with SNAG’s Executive Director, Gwynne Rukenbrod Smith and Editor, Adriane Dalton – Free and Open to the Public
The ways artists in the field of jewelry and metals sustain their practices and businesses are drastically changing. How can SNAG, as the largest non-profit organization in the field of art/contemporary jewelry, provide the support you need to be successful? Join us for a lively discussion about future possibilities and innovative solutions for surviving and thriving in the field of jewelry and metals. We welcome all thoughts and opinions with open ears and open minds.
Saturday November 23 from 10 am – 12 pm, Ombré Gallery – 2 Rivington Street
SNAG Meet and Greet Brunch Style with Executive Director Gwynne Rukenbrod Smith and Editor, Adriane Dalton – Free and Open to the Public
Please join Ombré Gallery and SNAG for a Brunch Meet and Greet on November 23rd from 10 am – 12 pm. Come mingle with your community, enjoy some brunch themed beverages and bites, and see the two amazing exhibitions on display at this pop-up gallery space: GLOSSY and emiko oye’s 2 Be Seen.
As part of SNAG Membership Month (October 15-November 30, 2019), we have set a goal of gaining 50 members for SNAG’s 50th Anniversary!
We need your help to reach that goal.
Here are some ideas of what you can do:
- Let friends and colleagues in the field know about SNAG and encourage them to join (or rejoin).
- Share SNAG on social media.
- Encourage students to join.
- Ask your school or business to become an Organization or Corporate member.
- Organize a meet up.
We invite everyone to join SNAG – jewelers, designers, collectors, educators, students, metalsmiths and others. SNAG is for everyone with an interest in the art and craft of contemporary jewelry and metalsmithing. SNAG embraces all metals, multiple alternative materials, and different sizes and scale.
Expanding membership will help SNAG develop a stronger foundation and strengthen the benefits offered to all members. Thank you for helping us spread the word!
October 15 through November 30, 2019 is SNAG Membership Month!
For new and expired members we have a special offer — Join or rejoin SNAG between October 15th and November 30th and you will be entered into a drawing for these prizes:
-2020 SNAG Philadelphia conference basic registration waiver
-1/4 page ad in Metalsmith or Metalsmith Tech magazine
-1-year free membership (applied to your next year)
-2017 Jewelry & Metals Survey book (two available)
Ready to be a part of SNAG?
New Members: Join Here
Lapsed Members: Rejoin Here
Are You a Student?
There is an additional discount when four or more students sign up at the same time. Students signing up this way will be included in the prize drawing. Plus the school with the most sign-ups this Fall will receive an Organization membership and some Metalsmith magazines!
Questions? Please contact SNAG.
Every year SNAG hosts an information table at SOFA Chicago. This year we are looking for someone to oversee the volunteers and the table display.
SOFA Volunteer Coordinator assignments:
- Set up the SNAG table between 9 am-12 pm on Thursday, October 31st, 2019.
- Be the volunteer who sits at the table during the VIP Hour on Thursday evening from 5- 9 pm.
- Oversee the table and volunteers during the rest of the weekend from 10 am-7 pm Friday and Saturday, November 1st and 2nd, and Sunday, November 3rd from 12-6 pm.
- Pack up the materials and banner at 6 pm on Sunday and label them for FedEx pickup.
This position does not require you sit at the table the whole time. It does give you access to SOFA each day, plus VIP access to many special activities and the VIP Lounge. SNAG will cover your parking while at SOFA and you can record your volunteer hours with SNAG, earning hours towards a free membership, conference waiver, and more! You will be the official badge holder for SNAG during the weekend and the on-site point person for all volunteers. Typically we fill all volunteer slots, but we do need a person on-site in case something comes up or a volunteer misses their shift.
If you are interested in this volunteer coordinator position for SOFA, please email SNAG’s Executive Director Gwynne Rukenbrod Smith by October 15, 2019.