Would you like to volunteer for the 2018 SNAG MADE Conference? E-mail Tabitha Ott, Conference Volunteer Coordinator, to find out how!
Conference Student Scholarships & Conference Work Exchange
Please visit the Educational Initiatives page for information.
Conference Volunteer T-Shirt Competition
Deadline has passed
SNAG is bringing back conference Volunteer T-Shirts! We need YOUR help to create a fun and engaging design to help identify SNAG volunteers at the conference. The t-shirts are a way to thank our volunteers for their countless hours of help.
The t-shirts will represent SNAG and potentially serve as an introduction to the public. The winning design may also be reproduced for items like stickers, buttons, and other merchandise if SNAG desires and with permission of the artist.
As a condition to being considered for the contest, you hereby represent and warrant that the following statements are true and correct and that you agree to the terms and conditions contained herein:
- You must be a current SNAG member to enter – https://www.snagmetalsmith.org/join/
- Your submission must be original artwork, no reproduced images will be accepted.
- Limit of three (3) designs per artist.
- 1 color design only.
The contest is open to all current SNAG members. SNAG staff and Board of Directors are not eligible to participate. Participation in the promotion/contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of the official rules.
The top design will be selected by SNAG Volunteer Coordinator/Committee Members, Katie Poterala, Jill Baker Gower, and Tabitha Ott. The winning design will be printed on the official conference volunteer t-shirt.
- Image requirements: For jurying please provide a jpeg or pdf of your design. For printing, the selected artist will need to provide a high-res, one-color digital file of their work. A vector based .ai or .eps file is preferred, but a raster based .psd, .pdf, or .tiff will be accepted if the image size is set to 300dpi at final print size.
- Once the design is chosen, SNAG will work with the chosen designer to finalize the design to make it print ready and the SNAG logo/website will be added to the final design.
- Artist should work their signature into the design.
- Digital files only. No scanned images/drawings.
- Deadline has passed
- Email email@example.com with your name, best contact information, and your design as an attachment to the e-mail. Do not send through google docs, dropbox, or any other shareable service. Attachments only.
- When we have documented your submission, you will receive a confirmation email.
The winner will receive
- A $300 stipend for their design
- Recognition for the design and award through SNAG social media and Riveting News
- A t-shirt of their design
- A shoutout during the 2018 conference in Portland, Oregon
Jurors: Katie Poterala, Tabitha Ott, and Jill Baker Gower
Disclaimer: These t-shirts are for SNAG conference volunteers only, to be given to conference volunteers for their service. They will not be for sale in the immediate future. They may be sold in the future, after 2018 passes. SNAG will own the rights to the design to use at their discretion for other purposes. printed materials, but will communicate all uses to the artist and provide a copy of each use to the artist free of charge
The submission form must be complete. If you fail to complete the form or fail to reveal any pertinent information, you may be disqualified from the competition. Third party or copyrighted images will not be considered. All designs must be original to you.
All decisions are made by the jurors and are final. If the winner cannot be contacted within two weeks of selection, the prize may be forfeited.
Deadline for submission: February 8th, 2018 (midnight PST), Deadline has passed
You must follow the complete submission guidelines. Entries will not be accepted if the submission is incomplete.
Selection of top design: Beginning of March 2018
All entrants will be notified by e-mail as to whether or not their design was selected as the final design.
Criteria for Selecting the Winning Design
The top design will be determined by the creativity and impact of the design and how well it incorporates the mission of SNAG*. A panel of judges will select the finalists to move forward in the competition.
*SNAG’s Mission: The Society of North American Goldsmiths advances jewelry and metalsmithing by inspiring creativity, encouraging education, and fostering community.