- Education Dialogue
- Juried Student Exhibition
- Annual Digital Student Slide Presentation
- Portfolio Reviews
- Education Resource Room (ERR)
- Conference Student Scholarships
- Educational Endowment Raffle
- Student + New Professional Work Exchange
- Pre-Conference Workshops
- Student Sales Tables
Coming Full Circle: 2019 Juried Student Exhibition
Submission deadline has passed
Deadline: February 15, 2019
In 2019, SNAG is celebrating 50 years as an organization. To talk about where we are going, we must talk about where we have have been. SNAG’s 48th Annual Conference, “The Loop: Coming Full Circle” will celebrate 50 years of SNAG by focusing on the history of our field and SNAG’s vital place within that history, as both are inextricably intertwined through the collective pivotal moments that have brought the makers, educators, artists, and students in this field together and to where we are today.
In keeping with the theme of the conference, SNAG’s 2019 Juried Student Exhibition, entitled “Coming Full Circle,” will focus on the journey our field has gone through over the past 50 years and a chance to explore work that celebrates and reflects on our field’s history.
The exhibition will be held onsite at the 2019 SNAG Conference in Chicago, May 22-25.
Learn More Here
•Best in Show – $50 in Trunk Show Bucks and a ¼ page ad in Metalsmith, which will be highlighted throughout the year within SNAG marketing
•2 Honorable Mentions – $25 Trunk Show Bucks and SNAG Swag Bag
Jurors: Karen Lorene and Georgina Trevino
All matriculating or non-matriculating students, part time or full time, under the direction of faculty in any North American institution are welcome to apply. Images of up to three pieces of original artwork relating to the exhibition theme and created between January 2018 and January 2019 may be submitted for consideration. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. Artworks included in previous SNAG student exhibitions are not eligible. Students must provide the name(s) of metal faculty teaching at their institution. SNAG membership is not required.
1. Submit all application materials electronically through CaFÉ™ at www.callforentry.org Only applications submitted through CaFÉ™ will be accepted. Deadline: midnight PST, February 15, 2019. Submission deadline has passed
For detailed instructions on using the site, click on CaFÉ™ Help. If this page does not address your needs, please contact CaFÉ™ Monday through Friday, between 8:30 am and 5 pm Mountain Time.
Technical support is available via email@example.com
2. There is a non-refundable entry fee: $25 for SNAG student members (use code SNAGLOOP) and $35 for student non-members. There is no additional fee to use the CaFÉ™ online application system.
3. Artists must submit their digital images via www.callforentry.org and according to the CaFÉ™ specifications. Instructions on how to format images to CaFÉ™ specifications can be found online. Entries submitted by any method other than through www.callforentry.org will NOT be accepted.
4. Submit one to three images of work. All work must be accompanied by title, material, dimensions, and year of completion.
5. Artists must also submit:
- Artist statement (250 word maximum)
- One-page resume
- Name of institution/program of study and faculty
*All decisions of the jurors are final. All work must be original. By completing this application artist agrees that he/she is responsible for the creation of submitted works.
By submitting images for jurying the artist agrees to the following:
•SNAG has the right to retain, duplicate, and use these images for the purpose of marketing and for display.
•Their images being used as stated here is without further contact or compensation from SNAG.
•All terms and conditions set forth in this prospectus.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org