- Education Dialogue
- Juried Student Exhibition
- Annual Digital Student Slide Presentation
- Portfolio Reviews
- Education Resource Room (ERR)
- Conference Student Scholarships
- Educational Endowment Raffle
- Student + New Professional Work Exchange
- Pre-Conference Workshops
Wednesday, May 22nd | 3:00 – 6:o0 pm | Wabash Room
By appointment only!
Portfolio Review Sign-Up Begins: March 11 (link to form and reviewer names will be posted here when available)
Portfolio Review Sign-Up Ends: When all slots are full or April 30th at 5PM PST
Notifications Emailed By: May 8
Portfolio Reviews are a free resource for emerging artists, students or anyone in need of critical feedback. Gallery representatives, curators, artists, educators, entrepreneurs and other professionals in the field will be available by appointment to review portfolios and provide professional advice and guidance.
The goal of the Portfolio Review is to create an opportunity to meet and hear from seasoned artists and professionals that can help in the development and advancement of artistic careers.
Limited review slots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Be sure to sign up early for the best chances of getting your first choice reviewer. Artists may only sign up for one review. You will be notified by email no later than May 8th of your review schedule.
To participate, you must be attending the conference and pre-registered for the Portfolio Review before the conference — no walk-ins will be accepted.
If you have any questions, please contact Conference Intern Alejandra Carrillo-Estrada.
Learn how to make the most of your review HERE.
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR PORTFOLIO REVIEW (if applicable):
- Photographs of your artwork, or your own laptop/tablet (fully charged)
- Actual artwork (if small enough for easy travel)
- Business Cards
- Exhibit postcards or announcements that feature your artwork
- Business Plan Proposals
Remember to pack everything you will need to make the most out of your review. The review will be 20 minutes and it moves quickly (it’s kind of like art speed dating)! Please be prepared with:
- Specific advice you are looking for in advance
- Questions about your work, website, etc.
- Your laptop/tablet fully charged and everything that you would like to have reviewed to be pre-loaded
*Please note that the Portfolio Reviews happen on Wednesday before programming begins. This is done so neither the students or reviewers have to miss any of our presentations.