2019 Volunteer T-Shirt Design Contest
THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR 2019 HAS NOW PASSED.
Stay tuned for information on this year’s winning design!
SNAG is pleased to announce the continuation of our Conference Volunteer T-Shirts! We need YOUR help to create a fun and engaging design to help identify SNAG volunteers at the 2019 Conference in Chicago. The t-shirts are a way to thank our conference volunteers for their countless hours of help. There wouldn’t be a conference without them!
The t-shirts will represent SNAG and potentially serve as an introduction to our 50-year-old organization for the public. The winning design may also be reproduced for items like stickers, buttons, and other merchandise if SNAG desires and with permission from the artist.
As a condition to being considered for the contest, you hereby represent and warrant that the following statements are true and correct and that you agree to the terms and conditions contained herein:
- You must be a current SNAG member to enter
- Your submission must be original artwork, no reproduced images will be accepted
- Limit of three (3) designs per artist
- Designs must be 1-color only
The contest is open to all current SNAG members. SNAG staff and Board of Directors are not eligible to participate. Participation in the promotion/contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of the official rules.
The top design will be selected by SNAG Volunteer Coordinator, Education Director and Marketing Manager. The winning design will be printed on the official conference volunteer t-shirt.
- Image requirements: For jurying please provide a jpeg or pdf of your design. For printing, the selected artist will need to provide a high-res, one-color digital file of their work. A vector-based .ai or .eps file is preferred, but a raster-based .psd, .pdf, or .tif will be accepted if the image size is set to at least 300dpi at final print size.
- Once the design is chosen, SNAG will work with the chosen artist to make the design print ready and add the SNAG logo/website to the printed item.
- Artist may work their signature into the design.
- Digital files only. No scanned images/drawings.
- Email email@example.com with your name, best contact information, and up to three original designs as attachments to the e-mail. Do not include the image in the body of the email, or send it through Google Docs, Dropbox, or any other sharing service. Attachments only.
- You will receive a confirmation email when we have documented your submission.
- Deadline for submissions is February 8th, 2019 (midnight PST)
- The winner will receive:
A $300 stipend for their design
- Recognition for the design and award through SNAG social media and Riveting News
- A t-shirt with their design
- A shout-out during the 2019 conference in Chicago
Criteria for the Winning Design:
The top design will be determined by the creativity and impact of the design and how well it incorporates the mission of SNAG*.
*SNAG’s Mission: The Society of North American Goldsmiths advances jewelry and metalsmithing by inspiring creativity, encouraging education, and fostering community.
Jeff Muir, Tabitha Ott and Kristin Mitsu Shiga
These t-shirts are for SNAG conference volunteers only in recognition of their service. They will not be for sale at the conference. They may be sold in the future, after the conference for which they were designed. SNAG will own the rights to the design to use at their discretion for other purposes, but will communicate all uses to the artist and provide a copy of each use to the artist free of charge.
The submission must be complete. If you fail to follow submission guidelines (above) or to reveal any pertinent information, you may be disqualified from the competition. All designs must be original to you. Third party or copyrighted images will not be considered.
All decisions made by the jurors are final. If winner cannot be contacted within two weeks of selection, prize may be forfeited.
Call for designs opens: December 17th, 2018
Deadline for submission: February 8th, 2019 (midnight PST)
You must follow the complete submission guidelines. Entries will not be accepted if submission is incomplete.
Selection of top design: Beginning of March, 2019
All entrants will be notified by email as to whether or not their design was selected.
2018 Winning Conference Volunteer T-Shirt Design by Michael Hull