SNAG is celebrating 50 years! We invite you to celebrate with us.
- SNAG Celebrates featured members
- As Good as Gold: We are SNAG Membership Series juried member online exhibition
History of SNAG booklet 2020 Philadelphia conference, May 20-23 – with a focus on the next 50 years Emerging and MidCareer exhibition Another birthday party (because one isn’t enough)
- Goldsmith ’20 exhibition – postponed until 2021
- Birthday card exchange
- SNAG 50 Partner Promotion Event Map
- #Snag50 Interactive Timeline
- 2019 Graduating Student Showcase online exhibition
- 2019 Chicago conference
- Mastery in Jewelry and Metals: Irresistible Offerings! exhibition at Gallery 2052
- SNAG Stories – record your memories of SNAG (with Sarah Rachel Brown of the Perceived Value podcast)
- Student Exhibition Coming Full Circle
- Halstead Design Challenge exhibition Cycle
- A special birthday party and closing night dance party with a birthday theme
In 1969, seven jewelry and metal artists formed the Society of North American Goldsmiths (SNAG) after a meeting held in Chicago in 1968. They were united by a belief in the value of strengthening the jewelry and metals field through professional conferences and quality exhibitions. SNAG has since become a large creative community of artists coming from diverse backgrounds, artist-designers, makers, collectors, curators, historians, patrons, and the metalsmithing-curious. SNAG celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2019.
2020 marks the 50th anniversary of SNAG’s first conference. Since the original group of smiths came together at the first conference in 1970, the impact continues to resonate in the organization as SNAG endeavors to positively influence and enhance the livelihood of its large membership. While the 2019 conference in Chicago celebrated SNAG’s 50th birthday and reflected on the last fifty years, in 2020 we turn our focus to the future.