SNAG is celebrating 50 years as an organization! We invite you to celebrate with us!
- 2019 conference – Chicago, May 22-25
- Mastery in Jewelry and Metals: Irresistible Offerings! exhibition at Gallery 2052
- SNAG Stories – record your memories of SNAG with Sarah Rachel Brown of the Perceived Value podcast
- Student Exhibition Coming Full Circle
- Halstead Design Challenge exhibition Cycle
- A special birthday party and closing night dance party with a birthday theme
- #Snag50 Interactive Timeline
- SNAG 50 Partner Promotion Event Map
- SNAG Celebrates monthly member highlight
- 2019 Graduating Student Showcase online exhibition
- Birthday card exchange
- 2020 conference – with a focus on the next 50 years
- Emerging and MidCareer Exhibition
- Another birthday party (because one isn’t enough)
- History of SNAG booklet
In 1969, seven jewelry and metal artists formed the Society of North American Goldsmiths (SNAG) after a meeting held in Chicago in 1968. They were united by a belief in the value of strengthening the jewelry and metals field through professional conferences and quality exhibitions. SNAG has since become a large creative community of artists coming from diverse backgrounds, artist-designers, makers, collectors, curators, historians, patrons, and the metalsmithing-curious.
Since the original group of smiths came together at the organization’s first conference in 1970, the impact continues to resonate in the organization as SNAG endeavors to positively influence and enhance the livelihood of its large membership. The 2019 conference in Chicago will launch SNAG into a year-long 50th anniversary celebration culminating with the 2020 conference.