The sixth juried member online exhibition in the We Are SNAG Membership Series.
Call for entries available on CaFE
2019 marks 50 years since the inception of the Society of North American Goldsmiths. From traditional goldsmiths to alternative material-smiths, from bench jewelers to educators, SNAG’s membership spans an extensive population of makers. This year’s membership exhibition will celebrate the diversity and growth of the organization over the last 50 years.
Jurors: Sienna Patti and Taisha Carrington
- Open to all current SNAG members 18 years of age or older.
- Applicants need not reside in the United States.
- All work must be original and produced within the last five years (2014 or later).
- Objects made from commercial kits or commercially available plans are NOT ELIGIBLE.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged, but not required, to apply with images that have not been widely circulated in Metalsmith or other publications.
- Collaborations are allowed under the conditions that 1), all artists involved are current members of SNAG; and 2), artists may only participate in one application: either as part of a collaboration OR as part of a personal application, but not both.
- Because this is an online exhibition, the audience can only experience the work through the photos you submit, therefore please submit the best possible photos that show the work as clearly as possible.
- There are no size restrictions for this exhibition.
- Artworks included in previous SNAG exhibitions or publications are not eligible.
- Applicant must be a current member of SNAG both during the application and when the exhibition goes live.
- Applications must be received by midnight (11:59:59 pm) MOUNTAIN TIME October 15, 2019. Please account for time zone differences, as entries are not eligible via email and no exceptions will be made.
- All entries must be made online through CallForEntry.org
- CallForEntry.org applications may be supplemented with video submissions. For consideration, one video per artwork may be sent to email@example.com Videos may also be shared via Dropbox, Google Drive, or YouTube.
- The application fee of $25 is non-refundable.
- This fee is used for domain hosting costs of the exhibition, juror honorariums, promotional materials, and CallForEntry.org fees
- For each submission, please submit a general shot of your original work. Artists may submit up to 3 separate pieces (3 images).
- If a detail image is necessary to understand object, please include it as a small thumbnail in your general shot of the artwork.
- All works must be accompanied by title, material, dimensions, year of completion.
- Artists may submit an artist statement up to 3000 characters.
- Artists must include a brief bio, up to 3000 characters.
- All decisions of the jurors are final.
- All work must be original. By completing this application, artist agrees that he/she is responsible for the creation of submitted works.
September 1, 2019 – Call opens on CallForEntry.org to SNAG Members
October 15, 2019 – Deadline for Entry
December 1, 2019 – Notification of Results to Artists (by email)
December 15, 2019 – Online Exhibition goes live on SNAG//SPACE website
*Dates may be subject to change.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|Date||2019, viewable on SNAG//SPACE|