I make jewelry that has depth, volume and movement. My passion is making small-scale wearable vessels, each one unique, that are worn as statement pieces and can hold something with special meaning to the wearer. These vessels allow me to explore sculptural form, volume, surface texture, connecting mechanisms, movement and containment within the context and scale of jewelry.
I was trained at the Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA), in Baltimore. Since that time I have been making one-of-a-kind and limited production, specifically amphora shaped pendants and pendant vessels. I work out of my studio in Kensington, Maryland. I welcome any and all visitors, questions, and fellow artists.
Resume: Cyd Rowley
cydrowley.com / email@example.com
- Studio Metalsmith, designing and fabricating sculptural wearable jewelry
- Washington Guild of Goldsmiths (WGG) board member
- SNAG (Soc. Of North Amer Goldsmiths) conference volunteer, 2016, 2017
Maryland Institute College of Art, (2000-2008), Baltimore, MD; jewelry design & fabrication
Maryland Institute College of Art, (1996-2000), Baltimore, MD; Certificate in interior & architectural design.
London School of Economics & Political Science, (1988) London, UK. Masters, Sociology
Clemson University, Clemson SC; B.A. in Sociology,1985.
SHOWS & EXHIBITS
- Academy Art Museum, Fine Arts and Craft Show, Easton MD, Oct 20-22, 2017
- American Fine Craft Show Washington, Oct 27-29, 2017
- The Pleiades Jewelry Show, Strathmore Mansion, Maryland, Dec 2017
- Creative Craft Council Traveling Exhibition, Glen Echo MD, Aug 2017
- Art for DASH (District Alliance for Sustainable Housing) show, Nov 2016
- Pleiades Jewelry Show, Strathmore Mansion, Dec 2015
- McLean Jewelry Showcase, McLean, Virginia, Feb 2015
- On-line SNAG Exhibition entitled We Are SNAG: Identity Dec 2014 – 2015
- Washington Guild of Goldsmiths (WGG) exhibition and sale, Nov 2014
- The James Renwick Alliance show, Chevy Chase, Maryland Dec 2014
- Creative Metalworks Exhibition, Kensington, Maryland, Dec 2013
- The Pleiades Jewelry Show, Bethesda Maryland, Nov 2013
- Featured Jewelry Showcase Artist, Waverly Street Gallery, Feb 2012
- Creative Metalworks Exhibition, Kensington, Maryland, Dec 2012
- The James Renwick Alliance show, Chevy Chase, Maryland Dec 2012
- The Pleiades Jewelry Show, Bethesda Maryland, Nov 2011
- The Creative Crafts Council Show at Strathmore Hall, Bethesda Maryland June 2011
- The Gunpowder River Artfest at Boordy Vineyards in Hydes, MD June 2010
- Luke & Eloy Online Exhibition, curated by Brigitte Martin, May 2010
Creative Craft Council show, April 2017; Second Place, Art Jewelry
Art Jewelry Magazine, March 2016,
Creative Craft Council show, June 2011; Honorable Mention, Art Jewelry
Where to Buy
Work is not available for sale through the SNAG website. Please contact the artist directly to inquire about making a purchase.