The Society of North American Goldsmiths (SNAG) advances jewelry and metalsmithing by inspiring creativity, encouraging education, and fostering community.
We invite everyone to join SNAG – jewelers, designers, collectors, educators, students, metalsmiths and others. SNAG is for everyone with an interest in the art and craft of contemporary jewelry and metalsmithing. SNAG embraces all metals, multiple alternative materials, and different sizes and scale.
As a member, you can connect with others while accessing information and images through Metalsmith magazine and the SNAG website. Get your work seen, benefit from discounts and scholarships, and much more.
- Be part of the SNAG jewelry and metals community: SNAG envisions a diverse jewelry and metals community engaging in thoughtful conversation and critical discourse while preserving tradition and embracing innovation.
- Online membership directory: Be listed and find other members.
- Quickly post opportunities on Springboard: Calls for entries, scholarships, employment, workshops, books, exhibitions, and much more.
- Connect with other members on Facebook, flickr, crafthaus, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn: Scroll to the bottom of this page to connect with SNAG through social media.
- Volunteer: Since 1969, thousands and thousands of volunteer hours and talent have made us great. PEOPLE make SNAG work. Now’s a great time to get involved.
Information and Images
- Membership includes a subscription to Metalsmith magazine (four issues per year + 2 issues of the new companion publication Metalsmith Tech)
- Metalsmith EXTRA!
- Riveting News e-newsletter every Monday
- Technical Articles
- Online news posts
Your Work Seen
- Your own Maker Profile Page — you can build and update it at any time
- Eligible to sell at annual Trunk Show Sale
- American Craft Council Show invitation program
Discounts and Scholarships
- Discounted conference registration
- Educational Endowment Scholarships
- Discounted entry fees to juried SNAG exhibitions
- Conference Scholarships and Work Exchange
SNAG offers a range of membership levels, from student to corporate. Below are the various options. Find the level that fits you.
|1 Year with digital Metalsmith only||$85||$85|
|1 Year with print & digital Metalsmith||$94||$109|
|2 Years with digital Metalsmith only||$161||$161|
|2 Years with print & digital Metalsmith||$179||$209|
|3 Years with digital Metalsmith only||$230||$230|
|3 Years with print & digital Metalsmith||$254||$298|
*A portion of your membership dollars go towards your Metalsmith magazine subscription. For example, $94 for a 1-year membership includes $34 for the magazine and $60 for membership. That’s only $5 a month in member dues!
|1 Year with digital Metalsmith only||$49||$49|
|1 Year with print & digital Metalsmith||$58||$73|
Student is defined as being enrolled full time or part time in any educational program to include college, university, technical college, community college, non-traditional school, and any other degree or certificate granting program. Student membership receives the benefits listed at the top of this page.
- Special membership offer – an additional discount when four or more students in North America sign up at the same time:
–North American (USA/Canada/Mexico) special membership offer form
–International (outside USA/Canada/Mexico) special membership offer form
|Length of Membership||North America||International|
Organization membership is a great option for galleries, museums, schools or other organizations. Receive the benefits listed at the top of this page plus:
- An additional discounted conference registration (a total of two)
- Five extra copies of Metalsmith magazine sent to you (in addition to your subscription)
- Two regular memberships for two of your clients who have never been SNAG members
- One feature/interview in Riveting News and news blog
- Special conference breakfast event invite
- VIP event invites
- One VIP pass for SOFA Chicago (admits two)
- Listed on Organization/Corporate Members page
|Length of Membership||North America||International|
Show your support for SNAG with corporate membership. Receive all the regular and organization benefits listed above plus:
- Two additional discounted conference registrations (a total of four)
- One additional regular membership for a second person at your company
- Mailing list of SNAG members (for one-time use; a $525 value)
- Ongoing recognition on news blog
- Company profile run one in Riveting News
- Opportunity to write a guest article for news blog
If you are a metalsmith, goldsmith, silversmith, sculptor, jewelry maker or student studying any of these fields, SNAG membership can help you with your craft, technique, networking, marketing and business development. SNAG membership includes a subscription to MetalSmith magazine, which is full of articles on how to move forward in your craft and business – tips on sales, marketing, shows, tools and techniques. Membership also gives you a beautiful Maker Profile page on our website. This will ensure that you and your work are seen by the movers and shakers in your industry, and shows your peers and followers that you are invested in your artistic community. You’ll be eligible to participate in our prestigious annual Trunk Show Sale, the American Craft Council Show invitation program, and our frequent sponsored exhibitions. You’ll be eligible for scholarships and grants. And, you’ll be able to attend our annual conference where you can take classes, attend workshops and network with your peers and leaders in the field.