SNAG’s Road 2 Success: Avenues of Entrepreneurship, consists of four distinct avenues of education:
Craft Labs 2 hour Webinar professional development classes, help artists recognize and adapt to changing models and pursue innovative business solutions, allowing them to build skill sets to address economic realities and grow stronger businesses.
Live Q&As offering subject matter experts and peer-to-peer support to create opportunities for currently successful artists to connect with new/emerging/expanding artists to share with them their experiences and successes and to teach new skills.
Resources that are downloadable and available on our website to help you grow and build the business of your dreams. These include handouts and tool kits. These will focus on individual components for creating successful & sustainable businesses with subjects similar to those offered through Craft Labs and Live Q&As.
Forging a Foundation an 8-module online Business Plan Development/Re-Development Course to help new/emerging artists and existing business owners to create comprehensive business plans in order to start-up, expand, or enhance their businesses. This course will also support existing businesses by recognizing business planning doesn’t stop when the sales start. This course will provide a way to assess the whole business model, advance a new idea that will fit within the larger business, and gain peer feedback in a confidential setting.
The Road 2 Success: Avenues of Entrepreneurship program fosters job creation and retention, develops workplace skills, builds business ownership, and improves work/life balance in the craft community. Simple yet innovative, these four avenues offer a multi-faceted approach that contributes to the lasting health of our field.
Pricing for Craft Labs, Live Q&As, and Resources
You can pay a la carte for the Craft Labs, Live Q&A’s and Resources. (Can’t make it to a live session? That’s okay! Each Craft Lab and Live Q&A will be recorded and sent to everyone who has registered.) Register for a la carte items here
- Craft Labs $30 for non-members or $20 for SNAG members
- Live Q&A’s $20 for non-members or $10 for SNAG members
- Resources $10 for non-members or $5 for SNAG members (but will vary depending on the resource)
Or you can pay a monthly fee of $39/month for non-members or $19/month for SNAG members to be a part of our private Facebook (FB) group that includes: Craft Labs, Live Q&As, Resources, handouts, tool kits, quarterly meet-ups on the FB group to discuss various themes, and an engaging private FB page where you can interact with others working to succeed in the field.
Pricing for Forging a Foundation
Forging a Foundation is an 8-module business development course.
- Forging a Foundation is $400 for non-members, or $250 for SNAG members
Road 2 Success: Avenues of Entrepreneurship provides artists with a wide range of business skills and encourages craft-based entrepreneurial activity. Our unique approach works holistically to create results that are not only successful, but sustainable. Our process builds foundations through training; addresses potential/real barriers to success; connects artists with vital resources and networks for support, and access to new markets; and uses mentorship and follow-through coaching to realize implementation.
This vigorous entrepreneurship training also helps artists to recognize and adapt to evolving economies and markets, pursue innovative business solutions, which will ultimately allow them to build critical skill sets to address economic realities, and grow stronger businesses for themselves. Thriving craft entrepreneurial activity powerfully impacts our communities, driving economic vitality and building sustainability and vibrancy.
SNAG’s Road 2 Success: Avenues of Entrepreneurship programming does not have a specific beginning or end date, instead it is an emergent process and we tailor our efforts to the unique needs and skill levels of our artists for more effective results. We work to stay at the forefront of the business climate, and we continuously develop new educational materials, resources, promotional efforts in response to opportunities, needs of our members, and research.
Upcoming Road 2 Success Events
FORGING A FOUNDATION
CHANGE IN DATES! There is still time to register!
Tuesdays, September 18-November 5, 2018, 6:00-8:00 pm Eastern: Forging a Foundation Business Planning Class.
In this 8- week webinar/e-learning series you will work with SNAG Executive Director, Gwynne Rukenbrod Smith and special guests to develop a business plan or to expand your existing plan to create a platform for your ultimate success. This class does not have you create a 30-page plan like typical business planning courses, but takes into effect the unique business model for an artist trying to make a living by selling their work, whether high-end one-of-a-kind, commission pieces, or as a studio artists making limited production work.
1. Customer Segments and who is your customer. Business Goals, Objectives, and Dreams.
2. Value Proposition – what needs are you helping your customer to solve?
3. Channels and Marketing – How will you communicate, distribute, and sell your work? Market research, competition, marketing message, branding.
4. Customer Relationships – How do you establish and maintain relationships with each of your customer segments?
5. Revenue Streams – These results from successfully delivering your value proposition to your customer. How will you do this? Galleries, art fairs, shows, teaching, gigs, consulting, commission work etc.
6. Key Resources – What are the assets needed for you to achieve, deliver, and meet your customers’ needs?
7. Key Activities – Making, market research, pricing, budgeting, sales and profit goals, personal budget vs business budget.
8. Key Partnerships – Do you do all of the activities or do you outsource them? Licensing, Legal Structures, Accounting, Needed additional education?
9. Cost Structure – Start up costs, overhead costs, cash flow, sales costs, profit margins, financing sources.
10. Presentation of Business Plans, what’s next, etc.
- Forging a Foundation $400 for non-members, or $250 for SNAG members
August 14, 2018 from 5-7 pm Eastern: Live Q&A – Arranging Your Studio or Booth and Engaging a Visitor
Do you like having visitors in your studio, but don’t know how to engage them? Do you want to participate in your area’s studio tours but don’t know what to do to prep your studio? Do you want to or do you do art festivals and shows and want to better engage your potential customer? Do you wonder if your booth has the optimum set up for engaging your visitor? Do you know what questions to ask your booth visitor? The basics of setups and sales techniques will be discussed. Learn from SNAG Executive Director Gwynne Rukenbrod Smith the answers to these questions and more in this special Live Q&A two-hour session.
August 22, 2018 from 6-8 pm Eastern: Craft Lab – Developing a Sales Strategy and the Anatomy of a Sale
Learn from SNAG Executive Director Gwynne Rukenbrod Smith why is it important to develop a sales strategy for your business and how to map one out. After developing your strategy, learn the anatomy of a sale. What are the three acts of a sale and how do you get people to overcome their objections to buying? Do you know the right questions to ask a potential customer to get them to buy?
More events coming soon!
Questions? Contact Gwynne Rukenbrod Smith