Posted November 1st, 2019 / Ends February 29th, 2020
A mount maker fashions mounts to hold museum quality artifacts or objects in a specified position. The work involves a high level of detail and care for the objects in question. Although
experience in mount making and conservation is preferred, only metalsmithing or model making skills are required since there will be on the job training. Competitive salaries and benefits offered.
• As per the curators’ vision, the mount maker will take direction from the team leader (senior mount maker) to make clutch, mold mounts, and 3D printed/CC milled mounts for mineral
• Apply conservation treatments to mounts so as to protect specimens.
• Prepare acrylic bases for clutch mount.
• Video, photograph and catalogue mounts for company records.
• Keep tools and supplies inventory.