Posts Tagged ‘Baltimore’
February 22 – 23, 2017 Wholesale
February 24 – 26, 2017 Retail
The American Craft Council has invited SNAG to participate in their Artist Invitational Program for their 2017 ACC Baltimore show. SNAG requires an application of interest along with submission of images of your work in order to be considered. Applications will be juried by Beverly Tadeu and Wayne Werner and the program is limited to 10 artists. This opportunity is open to any current SNAG member who has never shown at an ACC show before.
Applications are due by July 15, 2016.
Work Will Be Juried On:
To ensure a high level of quality in the work exhibited in American Craft Council Shows, each jury is instructed to adhere to these guidelines in making decisions:
- Work is handmade and reflects excellence and the unique vision of its maker
- Work is well conceived and skillfully executed, without technical faults
- All work must be the design of the applicant and made in the United States or Canada by the applicant or under his or her direct supervision.
- All work fits well with the ACC customer market.
ACC reserves the right to accept the final list of nominated artists. Artists are welcome to also apply through the regular ACC Jury Process.
What Is Eligible?
- Three-dimensional, handmade craft that meets the standards statements above
- 3D Printed objects and digitally fabricated objects are accepted.
- Small-studio production work under the direct supervision of the applicant. Direct supervision requires that artist oversees production work as it occurs and provides constant direction, feedback, and assistance. All work must be produced in the United States or Canada. The American Craft Council reserves the right to require authentication of the production process as needed and at any time during the application and exhibition process.
What Is Not Eligible?
- Commercially manufactured art
- Work assembled (wholly or in part) from commercially available kits. Such items, exhibits, and/or exhibitors may be removed from the show without prior notification and/or refund of booth fee.
- Two-dimensional art such as paintings, prints, or photographs
- Mixed media work that uses paint and canvas as its primary medium
- Screen-printed material
- Etchings, web- or sheet-fed offset printed matter
- Works that incorporate materials acquired from the killing of endangered species
- Elephant/Mammoth ivory (this includes fossilized ivory)
- Dried or silk flower arrangements
- Embellished commercially-made objects (e.g., T-shirts, notecards, etc.)
Format and Structure:
Artists chosen will be expected to attend and sell work at both the wholesale and retails days of the ACC Baltimore show. Please note that chosen participants will still need to pay for their booth space and all travel, room, and board.
Accepted artists may participate in the Artist Invitational program for three successive years following their invitation. Invited artists may organize a shared booth with one or more fellow invited artists from SNAG.
Recognition and Benefits:
Artists chosen will be given access to online resources where they can have their questions answered and learn more about what it entails to set up and sell from a booth. Each accepted applicant can be partnered with an existing ACC artist, if desired, for help on any issues that may arise or questions you may have.
Nominated artists will receive special coverage in ACC show promotional material, including a highlighted listing in the show directory, image use in show program and a feature on the ACC website in the week preceding the show.
Please fill out the attached form (see link below) and submit five (5) digital images of your work, along with a price sheet listing both wholesale, if applicable, and retail prices of the submitted images by July 15, 2016.
Please email any questions to Gwynne Rukenbrod Smith.
There is no application fee.
Applications are due July 15, 2016 by midnight PDT.
Notification of Acceptance mid- September.
2017 ACC Baltimore Application
_______ Completed application due July 15, 2016 to email@example.com
_______ Five images, correctly labeled and sized (see application form for details).
_______ Price list of attached images and catalog included, if applicable.
_______ Be a current SNAG Member.
_______ Have never participated in an ACC show.
The American Craft Council has invited SNAG to participate in their Artist Invitational Program for their 2016 Baltimore show. This opportunity is open to any current SNAG member. Applications due by July 10th.
The American Craft Council has invited SNAG to participate in their Artist Invitational Program for their 2015 Baltimore show. SNAG has decided to require an application of interest along with submission of images in order to be considered.