Posts Tagged ‘conference’
“Alchemy in the Digital Age” is a 3-part digital presentation, shown at the SNAG 2014 conference in Minneapolis. It represents the talent, creativity, and hard work of students everywhere. All submitted work came from faculty at various schools. Organized by Brian Ferrell. Sponsored by Aaron Faber Gallery.
The annual raffle supports SNAG’s Educational Endowment fund, which awards annual student scholarships. There are a limited number of raffle tickets available and many fantastic prizes, so buy many and buy early! Winners will be drawn at the SNAG conference in Minneapolis in April; you do not need to be present to win.
Tickets: $20 each or 6 for $100
Tickets also available onsite at the conference beginning April 24th until they are sold out.
A sampling of some of our amazing prizes:
– A One Of A Kind Boris Bally TRANSIT CHAIR Generously Donated by Patina Gallery
($1100 Retail Value – NOTE: Raffle Chair Not Pictured / Will Be On View At The Raffle Ticket Sales Table)
– Rio Grande Gift Certificates (4 at $250 each) to be used towards any purchase in the Tools and Equipment Catalog
– Pocosin Arts Center ’Cabin Fever Reliever Weekend Attendance Waiver’ ($600 Value)
– Touchstone Center for Crafts ($250 Tuition Waiver)
– Contenti Gift Certificate ($300 value)
– Brooklyn Metal Works One or Two Day Workshop Gift Certificate (Value of up to $350)
SATURDAY, APRIL 26, 2014, 4-6:30 P.M.
Free and open to the public
Come shop, learn about and purchase work directly from SNAG members at the 4th Annual Trunk Show Sale! As always, this year’s event offers the latest and most innovative creations in studio jewelry and contemporary metal art.
Conference goers and public alike are encouraged to attend this event. Cash, check, visa and mastercard accepted.
Interested in being a participating artist for the 4th Annual Trunk Show?
– You must be a current SNAG member and registered for the conference. You can sign up during the conference registration process for both.
– Space is limited to 70 participants. This event is non-juried. First-come, First-served.
– There is a $100 refundable table deposit upon registration to hold your space ($50 cancellation fee after March 18/ No-shows lose their deposit).
– 25% of ALL sales will go to benefit SNAG.
– SNAG handles all sales transactions. Final checks will be cut after conference ends.
– Confirmation email will be sent to all participants with final details about the Trunk Show.
For more information, email email@example.com
VIP TRUNK SHOW PREVIEW HOUR!
SATURDAY, APRIL 26, 2014, 3-4:00 P.M.
Hosted by Mike Holmes, Velvet Da Vinci Gallery
Don’t miss this exclusive opportunity to beat the crowds and preview this year’s amazing collection of one-of-a-kind works by regional, national and international jewelry and metal artists.
– Gain early – and exclusive – access to this fabulous and hugely popular event.
– Have your name entered to win one of 3 incredible pieces of art, generously donated by one of our trunk show artists.
– Sip a glass of bubbly while shopping!
– Avoid long lines in the private check-out area for your purchases.Open to you throughout the event.
– Open only to the first 75 people to register.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to take advantage of these great SNAG 2014 conference opportunities!
super saver registration rates available through March 17, 2014
SNAG members save $100, students save $65. Registration rates increase after March 17. Learn more>>>
Pre- and Post- Conference Workshops
early bird registration rates available through February 15, 2014
Five Pre & Post Conference workshops offered at Quench Jewelry Arts & Chicago Avenue Fire Arts Center. Learn more>>>
Interested in being a participant in SNAG’s 4th Annual Trunk Show? You can sign up at the same time that you register for the conference. Space limited. Learn more>>>
VIP Trunk Show Preview Party
Don’t miss this exclusive opportunity to beat the crowds and preview this year’s amazing collection of one-of-a-kind works by regional, national and international jewelry and metal artists. Learn more>>>
Red Carpet Call for Entry
deadline March 15, 2014
On the closing night of the 2014 conference, this SNAG fundraiser offers a twist on the traditional Exhibition in Motion – with an Interactive Red Carpet Exhibition. Attendees become the models and are invited to select stunning jewels and wearable sculptures from the exhibit to wear down the red carpet and have their photo taken during this juried, interactive exhibition. Learn more>>>
Education Resource Room
registration for educational programs continues through April 15, 2014
The Education Resource Room connects students with representatives from universities, colleges, schools, art centers and other programs across the United States. Learn more>>>
registration: March 24-April 18, 2014
Portfolio Reviews are for emerging artists and students. Gallery representatives, curators, artist/professors, entrepreneurs, and other professionals in the metals field will be available by appointment to review portfolios and provide professional advice and guidance. Learn more>>>
On Tuesday, January 21st at noon Eastern time, SNAG conference registration opens! The 2014 conference is April 23-26 in Minneapolis, MN and has many fabulous offerings. From Grains to Gold is this year’s theme. The conference will examine the relationship between maker and materials at a time when materials, techniques, and processes are rapidly changing. It will also investigate the meaning of “hand-made” in the 21st century.
Thank you to our sponsors that we have so far. Once again Rio Grande will be our overall conference sponsor. Other sponsors include: American Craft Council, Au Enterprises, Inc, Catherine Morgan, Halstead Bead, Inc, Meetings A La Carte, Inc, MJSA, United Precious Metal Refining, Inc, and Whitney Worldwide.